Savanna Chocolates is a premium bean-to-bar chocolate brand based in Lusaka Zambia and founded by Chiinga Musonda and Lynn Musonda Phiri. They make chocolates that are handcrafted from local cocoa beans, without preservatives or artificial coloring and flavors.
Savanna Chocolates have a mission to:
- Create African luxury artisan chocolate both at home and abroad
- Change the narrative that premium chocolates are made in western countries
About the Founders
Chiinga Musonda and Lynn Musonda Phiri are sisters who, despite not having an entrepreneurial background, were able to create a premium chocolate brand born out of their love for chocolates. Chiinga has an MBA from the Havard Business School and a BA in Economics and in Computer Science from Smith College in the USA. Lynn, on the other hand, is pursuing an MBA in International Business and has a BA with honors in Business Studies with Marketing from the University of Greenwich. These two sisters have a tracked record of different previous work settings, but nothing beats the passion which drove them to produce chocolates. The pleasure they derived from eating chocolates right from childhood and also the joy on the faces of loved ones when gifted chocolates were enough to fuel their passion and kickstart the journey. Today, we have Savanna Chocolates because two sisters in love with chocolates decided to recreate the standard in Zambia.
The Savanna Chocolate Products are in different categories:
This comes in different variants including White, Milk, Coffee Milk, 70% Dark, Chilli Dark, 90% Dark, Ginger Milk, Nibs & Milk, Coffee Dark, Ginger Dark, and Pint Salt. All are priced at ZMW40, except for the White bar which is ZMW50.
Chocolate Letters, Thins and Truffles
This comes in Mini Letters (120g) which can be personalized at ZMW10 per letter. Also, in Large Letters (200g) at ZMW100 per letter. The Chocolate Thins (96g) are ZMW60 for 24 pieces and the truffles come in two variants; ZMW70 for Box of 4 and ZMW130 for Box of 8. The truffle flavors also come in different flavors to suit your cravings.
Bakers and Chocolatiers Products
This comes in different variants all at 200g:
- Roasted Cacao Beans: organic at ZMW135 and natural at ZMW120
- Roasted Cacao Nibs: organic at ZMW150 and natural at ZMW135
- Cocoa Butter: ZMW170
- Chocolate Liquor: ZMW150
Birthday, Anniversary and Kitchen Party Gift Hampers
You can order chocolates for your events in small and medium sizes.
In addition to all these, you can also rent a chocolate fountain for your events and make customized chocolates for corporate events and meetings.
To place an order, simply click here to fill a form on their website.
How Savanna Chocolates Promote Africa
- The goal, according to the website , is to pioneer premium quality chocolates in Africa while supporting the economy and farmers.
- They buy cocoa directly from farmers to improve their income by by-passing middlemen.
- They use single origin cocoa bean to help you experience real chocolate and its unique flavors. This also helps preserve the flavors of the country of origin.
- Chocolates are made from natural ingredients devoid of preservatives and artificial flavors or colors.
Contact and Connect with Savanna Chocolates
Savanna Chocolate is located in Lusaka, Zambia and in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. They also have their products in different stores in Zambia. You can check the website at savannachocolate.com and also connect with them via their social media platforms including Facebook , Twitter , and Instagram . Or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .