Arami, translated as ‘my body’ in Yoruba, is a Nigerian based Beauty brand founded in October 2016 by Ore Runsewe, with a major purpose to provide natural beauty essentials for a simple, fuss-free routine. Arami is really particular about treating the mind and body right and keeping it free from junk or stress, which is why it has the tagline “your body is a temple”. That sounds religious at a first glance, but it only signifies how much Arami cares about the body.
How it all Began
After Ore Runsewe moved to Nigeria, she had to constantly rely on family and friends to bring back beauty supplies from the UK or US, which got tiring at some point, that the best bet would have been to look for alternatives around her. She was particular about getting natural products that would work for her and also compliment her pursuit for a natural lifestyle.
While making her research, Ore realised how effective and affordable some local supplies are in Nigeria, and this includes the globally cherished Shea Butter and the African Black Soap. This realisation then inspired her to start something that would give these trusted essentials a new identity in Nigeria and beyond. Today, we have Arami Essentials. How interesting!
Products and Packaging
Arami Essentials can be used for the skin and the hair and safe to use on the face. There are 5 products, including:
- Glow Oil
- Glow Scrub
- Coco Oil
- Onyx Polish
- Ivory Butter
The Glow Oil is the most popular product, and according to Arami, it is because of the signature scent and the fact that it is easily absorbed into the skin.
These products are easy to use and help to fight skin and hair woes, such as acne, wrinkles, dandruff and stretch marks and also serve as excellent exfoliators, cleansers and moisturisers.
Arami is as particular about packaging as they are with their products, and since they deliver fuss-free routine beauty products with simple and natural ingredients, they make simple and clean designs to level up.
Prices of these products range from N2000 to N5000, which is reasonably affordable.
Amazing Facts to Know About Arami
Beyond the beautiful and admirable packaging of the Arami products, there are many other fascinating things about this brand that you should know, some of which include:
- They make use of Shea Butter, which is known for its powerful healing and moisturising benefits
- They are consistent with production
- They are currently working on expanding their stockists within Nigeria and Africa and hoping to expand on a larger scale to a global audience
- They are particular about customer satisfaction and committed to giving them an appealing buying experience; this includes attaching promise cards to their products.
- They also hope to encourage self-love with their product
How Arami is Promoting Africa
In an interview with ISOKO Africa, Arami points out the many ways their brand touches Africa, and we can boldly say that it is representing Africa one move at a time. Here are some reasons why:
- The trigger for launching Arami stemmed from Ore Runsewe realizing that Africa wasn’t commonly featured as a key destination for finished beauty products. This is mainly due to issues regarding global quality and export requirements, which Ore knew had to change
- Shea Butter, which is the main ingredient for their products, is commonly sourced in West Africa
- Most of the ingredients used are sourced in Nigeria, a land of untold raw materials
Arami aims to serve as a platform for positioning Africa at the forefront of the global beauty and promote other flourishing African brands. They also prioritize boosting awareness around locally sourced ingredients, like Shea Butter and African Black soap. This is to get more African women involved in producing the best quality. Apparently, more good hands in the industry will yield better and faster results if effectively worked on.
By doing all these, Arami is constantly promoting the local industry, and with plans to extend to other African countries soon, we really can’t wait to see what the future holds for this beauty brand in Africa.
Contact and Connect with Arami
You can purchase Arami’s products on their website, aramiessentials.com. Or connect with them on their social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, where their products are mostly promoted.
Do you love natural beauty products, but would rather it has a less-complex routine? There you go! Arami is the answer.