Chocolate City Group is one of the biggest entertainment company in Nigeria. Founded in 2005 by Audu Maikori, alongside Paul Okeugo and Yahaya Maikori, Chocolate City constantly aims to promote capacity building and creativity in Africa, and by so doing, tell the African story in all its glory.
About The Founders
Divisions of Chocolate City Group
The Chocolate City Group is divided into three major fields:
- Chocolate City Music
- Chocolate City Media
- Chocolate City Distribution
Chocolate City Music
Chocolate City Music is a major arm of the Chocolate City Group in the entertainment industry in Nigeria and Africa at large. It is home to recording artists such as M.I, Ice Prince, Victoria Kimani, Jesse Jags, Koker, DJ Lambo, Ruby Gyang, and many other amazing artists in the industry. It has also worked on the careers of artistes such as Djinee and Asa.
Chocolate City Music constantly desires to redefine the African narrative and see some of the best African music artistes top the entertainment industry. Jude Abaga, also known as M.I, became the CEO in 2015, after 10 years of leadership by Audu Maikori. Under M.I’s leadership, Chocolate Music Group was able to hold its very first press conference, which is still the only press conference held till date.
Chocolate City Media
Chocolate City Media works towards facilitating and enhancing creativity all round in Africa. This has helped them manage the digital presence of brands and businesses and to also work closely with the Federal Government of Nigeria and affiliate Agencies in capacity building and youth empowerment programs.
Their services include:
- Project Ideation and Digital Marketing Solutions for Brands and Businesses
- Music licensing, Publishing and Distribution for artists
- Music Content Development and Merchandising
- Studio Production and Artists Bookings
- Exceptional Food, Lounge & Entertainment at its best
- Youth Driven marketing strategies and solution
Chocolate City Distribution
With this service, Chocolate City Group is able to help artists, producers and songwriters to distribute their music to fans around the world. Chocolate City Distribution does this effectively by making use of proper marketing channels and industry affiliates.
Some other interesting things about Chocolate City Group include:
- Chocolate City was the first Nigerian music company to attain a global music award and recognition by the British council in 2007.
- It works closely with the federal government of Nigeria and several international organizations, to help promote the creative industries in Nigeria
- It has set up partnerships with many international and regional creative industry organizations, and this includes affiliation in South Africa, U.K and the USA, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and the British Council
- It has been active in the promotion of the Creative industries globally
- In 2011, Chocolate CIty Group won the African Awards for Entrepreneurship and broke a record by being the first entertainment company to win the prize since 2007
- In 2011, Chocolate City won the Record Label of the Year award at the City People Entertainment Awards and at the 2013 edition, won Best Record Label of the Year award
Chocolate City Group has consistently, over the years, worked towards supporting opportunities to promote creativity in the creative industry in Africa. The group is currently based in Nigeria, with offices in Lagos, Abuja, Nairobi, United Kingdom, United States, South-Africa and Ghana.
Contact or Connect with Chocolate City Group
You can reach out to Chocolate City Group on their social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.